Dance camps for the next two weeks mean no boredom, complete soreness and bruising. :) But I don't care at all. Yesterday, I walked into Mt. Hood Dance Academy and I felt like I was home again. I could smell the rosin, and I walked into studio A and saw the barre and the mirrors. What a beautiful sight, at least for me.

For the first time in I-don't-know-how-long I had fun at barre. And it was so great to see Haley, my ballet teacher, again. She's so full of life and is always there to push us even if we don't want to be pushed at the moment. And then pointe, though I wasn't at my best, went quite smoothly. At least I didn't injure myself.

There's something so magical about dance in general, but more specifically ballet. For a few hours a day, I get to be whatever I want to be. I can be a gracious fairy, welcoming a young girl and her prince into my palace. Or I can be a young girl in a dream where her nutcracker comes to life and is turned into a prince.


Today really just....well, it sucked. Majorly sucked. And it wasn't even one of those days where bad things just keep happening. It was a crappy day without anything crappy happening. And sometimes, that's the worst. Because you almost feel guilty for feeling so down. I worry about my friend, who is ridiculously stressed, and I worry about where my life is going, and how every single one of my friends is.

Bright side, back to dance tomorrow! And I get to see Emily on Friday at the wedding we're going to. AND I'm spending the night at Becca's on Saturday. :) Hey, I'm starting to feel better.

Much Love <3,
Alyssa Marie

1 comments:

YAY!! Feel better lovely =] And you definitely don't have to worry about me. There are definitely days in life where you are allowed to be completely and totally selfish lol =]

Your description of dance is beautiful =] That's what acting is like for me =] To become any person you wish in the world...that is the awesomest feeling in the world. You can forget everything that's wrong in your life and just kind of...be. I love it =]

Anyway, I hope you can stay happy lovely!!! You don't deserve to be sad =[ You're too great for that lol =]

Post a Comment